Previous version: Elmatica General Packing Requirements - rev 3 , February 2016
(Changes from rev 3 = date code rule, shaded )
1) Supplier Invoice shall not be attached or inside the box.
2) COC and outgoing reports shall be inside box clearly marked with "Documents Inside". Such documents shall not contain unit price or NRE price.
3) Elmatica Packing Slip (provided in the PO mail) shall be packed together with supplier COC and outgoing report.
1) Please use the labels provided by Elmatica together with the PO. The Label shall be attached to each box and to each inner package.
2) Please use a pen to note how many boxes and the number of the current box on each label; e.g. "Box 1 of 2".
3) If the shipment includes more than one date code, all date codes SHALL be written in the COC.
4) If a box has more than one date code, all date codes and the quantity for each date code shall be written on the box label. 2-3 different D/Cs on same order is acceptable, but more need to be discussed/approved by Elmatica technical department case by case.
Inner packing Guide:
1) Packing film and filling material shall be in accordance to general ESD requirements. No electrostatic material can be used inside the boxes.
2) Filling and inner packaging shall be sufficient for normal transport to keep the inner packing in sealed condition until its final destination.
3) Inner packing of max 20 units (panels/boards)
4) Add active desiccant accordance to IPC/J-STD 033B(update revision applicable)
5) Add HIC in accordance to "Elmatica requirement to HIC". (document below)
6) If Moisture Barrier Bag is specified in the order, the packing and bag material shall meet requirements in IPC1601 4.2.2.
7) Each inner packing shall have one date code only.
8) In the case of x-out in panels allowed, such panels shall be packed in separate inner packing and if possible sorted with one type of x-out per inner packing.
Carton box Guide:
1) Maximum weight of each box is 20 kg.
2) The box material shall be sufficient to withstand normal transportation to end (overseas) destination.
3) Do not Under-filled boxes and Overloaded carton boxes.
4) Seal the carton box with H-shape taping for maximum strength on the top and bottom of the box.
5) Strapping is requirement for all 15kg weight and above per carton box.
6) Any individual order above 10 cartons, and/ or multiple orders above 200 kg, use pallet.
7) One box can have more than one datecode. (re. instruction for "Labels" and "Inner packing Guide # 6")
8) Inner packing with panel x-out can be packed in same box as perfect panels, but the box shall be clearly marked "Panels with x-out"
1) Pallet must be paper pallet or wooden pallet with IPPC marked.
2) Do not stack cartons outside the pallet’s edges.
3) Stack boxes squarely on the skid or pallet to the edge (do not overhang) and corner to corner to maximize compression strength.
4) All labels as per packing requirement must be clearly visible.
5) Wrap stretch film around the pallet to avoid cartons falling apart
6) Strapping is required to strengthen the shipment.
7) Maximum pallet piece dimensions LxWxH is 120 X 100 X 110cm.
8) Do not double stack pallet.
1) Package number, carton box size, date code, net weight, gross weight information for each cartons box are required. (below template can be used)
2) Pallet size is required too if applicable.
If the PO contains packaging requirements from end Customer, Customer Specific requirements shall be followed when more strict than this standard requirement.